At this moment, we're chillin' with some friends at their lakehouse. All weekend-long, we've discussed the journey of life, where we're headed as individuals/couples, and how we can influence and leave a legacy.
Over the past two weeks, Suzanne and I have kept big "Barker" news from many friends and acquaintances. Our upcoming "life" journey will probably re-shape some beliefs and will certainly take us through many emotions and experiences.
The issue of timing became most important here... don't unveil it too early, and certainly don't too late. This feels like the right time to announce:
A NEW BARKER!
Barker-dom is ecstatic!
Suzy and I saw the heartbeat last Tuesday night... 118 BPM. During the sono, the baby stood upright, which we were told is somewhat of a rarity. He/She (or She/He) is 7 weeks and 2 days old today. We're nearly 20% done with the pregnancy... Wow!
On a lighter note, I gained a new client last week. Guess with a baby coming, this needs to happen several more times this year :-)
More updates to come...
Thanks for your prayers everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Hooray for the wee Barker! Congratulations you guys, and welcome to the blogosphere!
Well now you're going to have to try to keep pace with such an exciting 1st blog post! Were you guys holding out on us when you visited earlier this month? Congrats and keep us posted on the developments!
Congratulations! I am so excited for Baby Barker! I look forward to hearing more.
Suzanne, I know Kendra will be a huge blessing to you, as she was to me, while you traverse the exciting road of pregnancy and becoming a new mommy.
And, welcome to Blog World.
Congratulations! That's exciting news! (I'm glad, too, that we'll be updated on your lives, via the blog.) :)
P.S. Remember a couple years ago at the wedding shower at Allison's parents' house when there was a discussion about who would be first to have a baby? We were RIGHT! :)
Congrats! Suzanne, I'm so excited for you! Keep us updated.
WOW!!!
That is awesome! Who's next...
YEAH!! How awesome!! We are so happy for you!
What a blessing. Ashlee and the girls and I will be in prayer throughout Suzanne's pregnancy, and beyond. Thanks for finally making a blog as well so that we might more intimately keep up with what is going on in your lives. I am sure that you have many wise individuals around you giving advice but please know that we are here to encourage you every step of the way. We look forward to seeing that pregnant belly in person, maybe this summer.
Jason
Hey congrats to you both. That's great news.
What a wonderful blessing! We are so excited and happy for you. All 3 of you will be in our constant prayers.
Uncle Jack and Aunt Sallie
Brian and "Baby Sue" (aka "little pig"):
Your Mom and I are thrilled to have our very first Barker grandchild. Already thinking about ways to establish a special relationship with him/her. Will require a little more travel to keep up with him/her, but we'll be often at your doorstep. You two have been specially prepared over the years by the Lord for this great undertaking to guide a new soul. What a rich home life this child will have. Can't wait to get started on our new job as Nana and Papa!
Love
Ray and Robin
We are so happy for you! I think we are as happy for ourselves as we are for you. Being grandparents is the greatest thing about being parents. Can't wait until I teach him/her to say, "I love Nana." Guess that means I will have to be there often.
Nana
congrats.
kim & i were talkng the other day how we can't wait for a "real barkers" follow up post :-)
Post a Comment