Helen Kate... ah, that means so much more to me now. Considering I crumble and tear up everytime (since Saturday) she looks up at me, I think she tugged my heart the moment she entered this world.
Suzanne and I went to the Birth & Women's Center on Saturday, 10/20 at 2:30am. She spent the next 13 hours persevering through every contraction (like a champ) and ultimately began to push at approx. 4:15pm. It took only more 30 minutes, and Helen Kate flew out... right into Daddy's arms. Joyous moment!
We got to bring her home at 11:30pm that evening. Suzanne and I were both exhausted (Mom MORE than Dad). Each day since has been so cool; I have such a love for this little girl that I hardly know.
Bundled up just a couple hours after birth.
They're so calm when they're asleep.
Thank you all for prayers and cares for the Barker family!
P.S. If you want her measurements, etc... 6 lbs. 9 oz., 19.25" long, black/brown hair, long fingers & nails.
P.S. If you want her measurements, etc... 6 lbs. 9 oz., 19.25" long, black/brown hair, long fingers & nails.
3 comments:
Congratulations! She's beautiful. :)
Barkers...I hear your pain on the eat/sleep deal...also LOVE the "what about bob" clip!!! awesome!!!
gordo
She is absolutely adorable... congratulations to you both. Can't wait to see if she has a little girl friend or a little boy friend...
Denise (Brian Rhea's mom)
Post a Comment