So... Wednesday afternoon, we take Helen Kate to the pediatrician's office for a jaundice check-up. There are three locations from which to choose; on this day, our doctor resided at the second-closest one.
Well, this location is neither upscale nor run-down... very average, older shopping center.
As we approached the office, the door decorations were obviously Halloween-inspired, though one disturbing sign overshadowed all the pumpkins & spider webs. "No Guns."
Hmm... I hope this sign is simply for an insurance discount and in no way signifies any previous altercations or "stick-ups."Anyway, we thought it was kinda amusing to see this at your local pediatrician's office.
BPB
4 comments:
Hilarious! Sort of.
I also love the idea of a guy carrying his concealed weapon walking up to the door, seeing the sign and getting frustrated..."Doh! I've got the infant carrier in one hand, a diaper bag on my shoulder, keys, cellphone and a bottle in my other hand. How am I supposed to get to my .357 to put it back in the car?"
Hope you new parents are doing great!
Babe, I think your blogs are GREAT! Where's the love? (other than B. Rhea ) It's like all our friends and family have lives or jobs or something...p-shaw =)
just as long as helen doesn't have a gun...social services would be at your door in a hearbeat.
hope your enjoying helen and parentdom! (and getting sleeping)
If it makes ya'll feel any better about it, it is Texas law to post the "No Guns" sign on medical buildings - both hospitals and clinics. It is the same here in FL. . .we have a sign on our hospital doors. Doesn't really make ya' feel safe eh?
We love getting to see all the new family pictures :-)
Post a Comment