Sunday, June 10, 2007

The past month has brought a couple of new experiences worth sharing:

First, we found out our baby (due on October 12th) will be a girl. That immediately caused Suzanne to add the adjective “Pink” to everything registered baby item. Even baby’s room will be transformed into a “pink-and-paneled place.” We’re pumped.

Secondly, I found myself on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon for 3.5 days. Being that the water temperature hovered a smidge below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, I took comfort on our military-style raft carrying all our gear, food, and Oscar (no further detail on what that is unless you respond…). The trip consisted of my father-in-law, two brothers-in-law, four river guides, 20 others, and me. We rafted through rapids, hiked to waterfalls and other scenic landscape, and slept under the stars. On the last day, we hiked 10 miles (1 mile vertically) to get out of the canyon. One of the hardest things I’ve ever done.


T-minus four months until baby is born. Wow!

1 comment:

Grete said...

Yay! Thanks for the update!